Connect to Google Analytics
Connect your web app to Google Analytics to collect usage data on the web.
Google Analytics is a web analytics platform developed by Google. It allows you to collect and analyze valuable data about the usage of your application. Google Analytics 4 is the new generation of analytics that collects event-based data from websites and applications.
However, it is essential to mention that Google Analytics should be used in compliance with data protection regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union. Make sure to inform users of your application about data collection and obtain their appropriate consent, in accordance with legal requirements.
Create a Google Analytics Account
The first step is to create a Google Analytics account if you don't already have one. If you already have an account, you can proceed to create a property. Here's how:
Create a Google Analytics 4 Property
Now that you have created your Google Analytics account, you need to set up a property for your application. Here's how:
- Go to the Admin tab of your Google Analytics account.
- In the Property column, click on the Create Property button.
- Give a name to your property (e.g., "My Application") and select the desired time zone and currency.
- Choose an industry category and the size of your business.
- Select how you plan to use Google Analytics based on your goals.
- To collect data, choose a data stream: select Web as the platform.
- Enter the URL of your web app in the Website URL field and provide a name.
- In the details, copy the Measurement ID G-B7583XHGHM
- There may be a 48-hour delay before the data is reflected.
Add the Tracking ID to Your App
Once you have set up the Google Analytics 4 property, you need to add the tracking code to your PandaSuite application for data collection. Here's how:
- Go to your PandaSuite dashboard in the Apps section.
- Go to Settings > Analytics and click on Add a tracker
- Paste your Google Analytics 4 tracking ID (Measurement ID) in the appropriate field.
Once you have added the tracking code to your application, Google Analytics will start collecting usage data. Here's how to view this data:
- Go back to your Google Analytics account.
- Select the corresponding property for your application.
- Explore the available reports to obtain detailed information about user behavior, traffic sources, and more.
Congratulations! You have learned how to connect to Google Analytics and retrieve web usage data for your PandaSuite application. Use this information to improve your application and provide an exceptional user experience.
Remember to comply with data protection regulations and obtain appropriate user consent before collecting data. If you have any additional questions about using Google Analytics with PandaSuite, feel free to consult the comprehensive Google Analytics documentation or contact our support team.