Generate iOS Distribution P12 Certificate
The P12 certificate is the key that allows you to create and set up your applications in your Apple Developer account. Find out how to generate this certificate from your Developer account.
This certificate is required in the IPA generation form at the Signature step of the app, when you choose Sign with my certificate (EasySign).
Dans cet article
Create new certificate
Go to your Apple Developer Account.
- Go on Certificates, IDs & Profiles on your developer space on the left-hand menu.
- In Certificates, click on the + button.
- In Software, select iOS Distribution (App Store and Ad Hoc).
- Click on Continue. You are asked to upload a CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
Generate the CSR file
- Open the Keychain Access. It's in the folder Applications and Utilities
- On the upper menu, select Preferences
- In this window, click on Certificates. Turn off the OCSP and the CRL and close that window.
- On the upper menu, select Certificate Assistant and Request a Certificate from a Certificate Authority
- Add the user email address and the common name. The email address has to be the same as this one you chose when you created your Apple Developer account. The CA email address is not obligatory. Click on Saved to disk
CSR files are generated from OpenSSL.
- Install OpenSSL on your desktop. Download and run Win32 OpenSSL Light (or Win64 OpenSSL Light). The wizard will ask you to select where OpenSSL should be installed. Keep the default location set to
C:\OpenSSL-Win32. Additionally, when prompted, instruct the installer to copy OpenSSL's DLLs to The Windows system directory.
- Open a command prompt window.
- Get access to OpenSSL's
binfile with this command:
- Now create a private key by entering:
- Followed by:
mykey.keyis sent to OpenSSL's
- Using your private key you can now create the CSR file. To do this, a command with the following format is required:
openssl genrsa -out mykey.key 2048
openssl req -new -key mykey.key -out CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest -subj "/emailAddress=yourAddress@example.com, CN=John Doe, C=US"
You will need to make some changes when typing the preceding command into the command line. Replace the e-mail address and certificate name with the same e-mail address and name you enrolled within the iOS Developer Program. Also, if you live outside the United States, you will need to edit the country code.
A CSR file named
CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest will be created and sent to
Import the CSR file
- Once you have your CSR, go back on Apple Developer and continue the process:
- Click on Continue and upload your CSR file
- Download the iOS Distribution file (CER). That's your certificate.
Create the P12 file
- Open it by double clicking and add it in your Keychain
- Select your private key and your certificate in Keychain Access, right click and export them in .p12 file
- Choose your password. You will need it later on PandaSuite but it's not necessary.