The Data Provider is an internal PandaSuite database that allows you to manage data and variables.
On the data side, this feature offers a real time saver for projects that require a large volume of content (catalogs, magazines...) or when you want to give the content to another person.
side, it allows you to define and store user-specific values (score,...).
The data from the data provider is persistent even after the application is closed.
Edit Data Provider
Project in the breadcrumb trail.
Double-click on the Data provider in the
list. You can change the name of this data provider
You can create one or more data providers, depending on your needs.
A data provider is composed of properties. You can create one or more properties.
There are several types of properties :
- Boolean: has two states: true or false.
- Number: add an integer or decimal number.
- Color: add a color in hexadecimal format.
- Text: add unformatted text.
- Date: add a date with this format 20/11/2020 10:21:05
- Screen: link to a screen of the application
- Image: add an image (PNG, JPG...)
- Audio: add an audio file (MP3...)
- Video: add a video file
- Sequence: add an image sequence (GIF, PNG...)
- HD Image: add an HD image component with image source
- ZIP: add a ZIP file
- Array: defines a data structure representing a finite sequence of elements that can be efficiently accessed by their position, or index, in the sequence.
- Key/Value: corresponds to a data type associating to a set of keys, a corresponding set of values.
- Collection: groups together a set of individual elements that are of the same type.
- Reference: link to items from the same or a different collection.
- Multi-references : similar to Reference, but you can link with several items from the collection of your choice.
Within each property, you can create new properties. Thus a property Collection "Catalog" can be composed of a set of properties: "Name", "Price", "Date", "Description", "Category" etc...
Create a collection and define properties
Let's take the example of a real estate catalogue.
Add a new property of type Collection and choose its name, replacing new_key. This name will be reused, we will mention it like this : COLLECTION_NAME
Define the structure of your collection using properties.
Click on the
Settings icon to edit the properties of your collection.
By default, your new collection includes 2 properties: id and name.
Add a property to add the Date, Description, Price and Image fields:
- A Date property for the date
- A Text property for the description
- A property Number for the price
- An Image property for the visual
Note the name of these properties (replacing new_key). This will be your PROPERTY_NAME
The elements correspond to the content of the database.
0 ITEM(S) to add the content.
To add an item, click
Add Item. Rename each item (for example: 2 Bedroom Apartment Paris). Click on the button on the right to edit the content of the form.
NB: if you have a large volume of content, our team can assist you with integration via more automated solutions.
Get Data Provider ID
The identifier is essential to display the variables and contents of your data provider.
To retrieve the identifier, double-click on the name.
Paste into a text field and retrieve the login.
DataProvider -> dataprovider : 5f903e615ccbd73fda000453
5f903e615ccbd73fda000453 is the identifier of the data provider (ID_BDD).