In this article
Insert an input field
In the Search term field, select the object of the search, i.e. the value of the field.
💡 You can activate the Live Validation of the Text input component or add a button to validate the entry.
Choose the source
If you want to search through all the texts in the application, select the project and the field All texts:
Choose search fields
Double click on the component Search to view the results of your query.
Click on the fields on which the search will be performed: they appear at the top of your screen.
In the Properties window, you can customize the other parameters of the search.
Within a search engine, tokenization is the process of splitting text into “tokens”, both during querying and indexing. Tokens are the basic units for finding matches between queries and records. Define the flexibility of partial matches:
- Whole word search: indexes whole words (soccer)
- Partial search (forward): progressively indexes words in the forward direction (soccer)
- Partial search (backward): progressively indexes words in the backward direction (soccer)
- Search all possible combinations: indexes all possible combinations (soccer)
- Non-sensitive: not case sensitive
- Simple: phonetic normalization
- Advanced: phonetic normalization and literal transformations
- Extra: phonetic normalization and soundex transformations
Choose the maximum number of results to be displayed in the search.
- Either you want to display only the results of the search
- Or you want to filter the list of all items with the search
Option 1: Display only the results
For each element, select Source and define this data binding. For the By Id function, bind the Identifier with the'ID of the current element.
Option 2: Filter a list with search
This option involves creating a filter on the entire list of assets.
Insert a component Collection/List and in the Source field, select From a component: choose your data source.
For each item, select Source and define this data binding. For the By Id function, bind the'Identifier with the ID of the current element.
Add a Filter on the Collection / List component.