To insert a video, first import the video file in the Files window. You can import any type of format: MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, MKV, MPG, MPEG. To insert a YouTube or Vimeo video, use the URL Media Player component.
In your interface, click on Components and insert the Video Player. Choose your file as Source in the properties.
Here are some of the properties:
- Player Controls: choose whether to show the Play, Pause, Forward, Backward, Full Screen and move the playhead buttons
- Loop: enable or disable looping playback
- Volume: choose the default volume (1 being the initial volume of the video) and the volume range in the context of a synchronization.
- Speed: choose the default speed (1 being the initial speed of the video) and the range of speed in synchronization.
- Default time: to select the time that will be displayed when the report is loaded (based on the predefined markers). If you don't set anything and go back to this screen, you will go back to the beginning of your video.
Size of the video
By using this component, your video will be stored inside your application and downloaded locally by your user. To optimize the weight of your application, you can use online videos (YouTube, Vimeo) via the URL Media Player component. An Internet connection will be required for the user.
You have the possibility to change the quality of your video and its weight via the Quality. You can choose between: SD (240p), SD (360p), MD (480p), HD Ready (720p), Full HD (1080p) or UHD 4K (2160p).
If your application has many videos, you can also use the Partial Download component to allow the user to download them as they come in.
Editing a video
It is not possible to resize the original video. Quick tip: turn your video into a Group and use the mask options to change the ratio.
Thanks to the markers, you can change the start and end time of the video.
⚠️ Beware that many web browsers (Firefox, Chrome) block autoplay videos when they start without user interaction. Learn more: Autoplay Blocking in Web Browser
Add actions to the Video Player
- Start playing
- Pause playing
- Stop playing
- End playing
Your video can be the object of an action, for example you can create a button to launch a video.
- Restart at beginning
- Set/Remove Full Screen
- Turn on volume
- Increase volume
- Decrease speed
- Set speed
- Increase speed
- Decrease speed
- Change time
- Next time
- Previous time
Synchronize with another component