Languages & Localization
In order to reach an international audience, it's essential to add multiple languages to your application. Here's how to do it effectively with PandaSuite.
In this article
Add a language
- Go to the Project properties.
- In the Languages section, click on + Add.
- Select the initial language of the project, the one you worked in. It's crucial to select this initial language correctly as it will serve as the basis for all others. Note: once the initial language is set, it's not possible to change it without deleting all associated content.
- You can add as many languages as needed. The pin icon allows you to set which language will be displayed by default.
Edit a language
- To switch from one language to another, simply click on the flag located at the bottom right of your workspace.
- Note that PandaSuite does not automatically translate your content. However, it greatly facilitates the integration of your translated content.
- The reference layout is that of the initial language. Therefore, it's not possible to modify the layout for a specific language. Make sure to replace the content of the texts and the source of the images while respecting the original dimensions and ratios.
- If you change the size of a block in one language (due to a longer translation, for example), this change will be reflected in all versions.
🎉 Good news: language management now also applies to audio and video content (Video Player and Full Screen Video)
Create a language change menu
- Select your trigger (flags, FR/EN, etc.) and add a new action.
- Choose a trigger and the action Change language for the desired language.
- The application will automatically adapt to the chosen language.
Automatic localization based on the device's language
To offer an optimal user experience, it's essential that your application automatically adapts to the user's device language. With PandaSuite, you can do this using the locale data that comes from the device's context. Here's how to proceed:
- Add a Condition component and create a condition for each language
- Enable the Automatic Evaluation option so that the condition is automatically evaluated
- In the If field, choose the Project > Context > locale data, the function Starts with and set the value corresponding to the desired language (e.g., "fr" for French, "en" for English, etc.). Here is an article to know the right designator for your region: Language designators with region
- Define the action: if the condition is met (i.e., if the device's language matches the set value), choose the Change language action and select the appropriate language.
- Repeat these steps for each language you've integrated into your application.
By following these steps, your application will be able to automatically detect the user's device language and display content in that language, providing a smooth and personalized experience.
Languages and dynamic content
If you are using dynamic content with the PandaSuite database, you'll be thrilled to learn that multilingual management also extends to this feature.
Firstly, ensure that the desired languages are properly added to your project. Once this is done, you can enrich your PandaSuite database with additional translations for each key. This means that each dynamic content element can have versions in all the languages you have set.